Prenatal and Infant Nutrition Classes.
The Prenatal Nutrition Class will cover topics such as:
- How much weight you should gain
- What kinds of foods and how much you should be eating each trimester
- What nutrients are most important during pregnancy
- What things you should limit
- What things you should avoid
- What is gestational diabetes?
- Bottle feeding vs breast feeding: pro’s and con’s of each
- What are some issues that can occur and how can you help these?
- Why exercise is important during pregnancy
- What resources are available to you
The Infant Nutrition Class will cover topics such as:
- Guidelines on breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- How often to feed your baby
- Knowing when your baby is ready for solid foods
- What foods to feed your baby for the first year
- How often to introduce new foods to your baby
- What foods to not give your baby for the first year
- How to make your own baby food