Shawnee Health Service is now offering Video Visits, through Zoom (a free app), for patient appointments with our providers.
Call (618) 519-9200 to get started.
To prepare for your remote visit you will need:
- internet access
- a reliable, easy to access email account
- Zoom access through an app on your smart phone (recommended) or other mobile device, or through a browser like Chrome on your computer
- internet camera (usually integrated in your smart phone or other device, please ensure that your camera is on and enabled)
- internet audio/microphone (usually integrated in your smart phone or other device)
OR have your phone nearby to dial in to the visit
Items that would be handy to have:
- scale for checking your weight
- a way to check your blood pressure (many fitness trackers can do this)
- For Apple/iPhone products the App Store is a blue icon with popsicle sticks in the shape of the letter “A”.
- For Android devices the Google Play app is blue, red, green and orange and looks like the “play” button of a radio, stereo, DVD player, etc.
- Enter zoom into the search box and download the free app.
- The Zoom app icon should look like this:
- Open the email from us inviting you to the “meeting”:
Please note the Meeting ID and Password in the email sent to you.
- Click on the link.
- Zoom will open and on-screen instructions will guide you through starting your video and audio to connect with your provider.