We take an integrated, comprehensive, non-judgmental approach to addiction.
Shawnee Health Service behavioral health specialists are trained to help our patients with drug and alcohol problems. This includes those who have trouble with pain medication and those who are prescribed medications for opiate addiction.
Shawnee Health Service utilizes an integrated model of care. Your dedicated team of medical, behavioral health, and counseling professionals specialize in treating addiction – all under one roof at Shawnee Health Service.
We know that addiction is a disease and that you deserve patience and understanding – not criticism or judgment. If you relapse, we will work with you to get you back on track.
Our commitment to you will be:
- We will listen to your questions
- We will help answer your health questions
- Our focus will be on “best practice” medicine
- We will keep complete accurate records
- We will coordinate your care through additional services
What sets our program apart?
- We offer Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) at Shawnee Health Care through primary care for those who want to stop using heroin or other opioids (“pain killers” such as Vicodin, OxyContin, Hydrocodone, and others).
- Substance use counseling.
- Behavioral Health Treatment from our Shawnee Health Care Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners
What to expect?
- Your first appointment will be an in-person assessment with a behavioral health specialist who will ask questions about your emotions, physical health, and past drug and alcohol use.
- After that appointment we will recommend treatment options which may include community support groups, outpatient counseling and/or medication-assisted treatment, inpatient or residential treatment, or detox.
What do I need to do to get treatment?
Call us at (618) 519-9200 to get support.