Shawnee Health provides integrated primary medical and behavioral health care. Our mission is to treat our patients with the highest level of expert care. We have a trained team of behavioral health clinicians to support your mental health and emotional wellbeing.
With guidance from your primary care clinician, the proper treatment paths will be discussed. If appropriate, he or she will introduce you to a behavioral health care team member to determine the best course to follow to address your mental and behavioral health concerns.
Your care team member(s) will provide you with the tools to cope with intense emotional experiences, stressful situations, and interpersonal problems, all in a safe and comfortable environment
- Mental health and substance use assessment and evaluation
- Treatment of mental health and substance use problems (see Addiction Treatment)
- Medication management
- Counseling on site
Our counseling services assists with:
- Depression and anxiety
- Grief and relationship concerns
- Alcohol and drug use, including opioids and heroin
- ADHD assessment and treatment
- Bipolar disorder
- Difficult life transitions
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Health issues related to diet, exercise, tobacco use, etc.